Thursday, July 15, 2010

Evolution Gorilla Pliers

Recently I had the opportunity to try the Evolution Gorilla Pliers and was very impressed with this fishing tool. The features include a tungsten coated (replaceable) cutter designed to cut leaders, line and light wire. The cutters cut braid, mono and fluorocarbon line easily and quickly without leaving frayed end on the braid.

These 6.5 inch pliers have a split ring nose, a crimp and hook holder. I didn’t use the crimp but found the split ring nose and hook holder work great for changing hooks on lures and the hook holder grips most common sized hooks very tightly.

Most pliers I have used in the past were too heavy to carry on a pair of shorts using a sheath. However, these aircraft grade aluminum pliers fit nicely and securely into the included nylon sheath. The light-weight of these pliers created no issues with pulling on my shorts and I often forgot they were on my waist band. The included lanyard was a perfect length for use and also made of light-weight material. I never once was left looking for them on the floor of the boat when I needed them. The sheath features a Velcro strap for securing the Gorilla Pliers into place and it is easy to release when the pliers are needed.

Gorilla Pliers are now available online at www.MidwestTackleShop.com and at www.Gambler-Bang.com.

No comments: